AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bears get grain for Christmas!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 12/17/2015 08:22 (#4966228 - in reply to #4965848)
Subject: RE: Bears get grain for Christmas!?

I enjoy reading everyones opinion but doesn't mean I agree with them. Merry Christmas to as well.

Thanks everybody. Not going away, more finding my way.  There will just be more guidelines than need to be followed regarding public speak.  It will be a process for sure.

Jon,

I understand completely.  And I don't expect you to agree with everybody's opinion, nor anybody else.  The probably with opinion is there are tainted with desires, wants and needs and rarely based in facts. Here's an glaring example.  The Head and shoulders pattern is over a year old.  It has been obvious for 6 months, yet not one person has noticed it.  Yet, you get the makings of a key reversal on that fits our wants, needs and desires, and it get's picked up on instantly - even if the context of it makes it completely irrelevant - and most times the bar hasn't even closed yet.  I don't want 2.95 any more than anybody else, and I don't know the rules of the Head and shoulders pattern, but if they are measuring the head, expecting 2.95 to catch it won't work either.  So, the only way I know to keep the wants, needs and desires at bay is to ground your opinion in facts.  And the only way to do that is to limit the inputs - news, tweets, etc.  Effectively - it's garbage in garbage out.   All of it conditions the mind like play dooh.   Effectively, price action is fact, the rest is garbage.  We always talk about how price cannot go where it does not have the energy to go.  This is absolutely true not only with price but anything in life.  Roll a ball down the floor it will go as far as it has the energy to go. Throw that same ball and again it will go as far as it has the energy to go.  Launch a rocket out of orbit, and you had better have enough energy to do it or it will come crashing back down.  So, if we only had the energy stored to go to 3.45, there would be no concern of price going to 2.95 nor would you have even heard it mentioned- likewise we wouldn't have to worry about 2.55 if the energy wasn't available.  That's how we can seemingly stick our necks out and say price is going to "X" price, or it isn't going to "X" - effectively, we are just using the laws of the universe to our advantage - and everything is bound by their parameters.

Take Care and thanks again

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)