AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bears get grain for Christmas!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jon Gruden
Posted 12/16/2015 23:54 (#4965848 - in reply to #4964250)
Subject: RE: Bears get grain for Christmas!?

Chapel Hill NC
jpartner - 12/16/2015 12:59

Jon Gruden - 12/16/2015 11:30 I've asked this question before but with that kind of outlook and you have no doubt, why even drag the planter out? Just play the board.

Hi Jon,

I always have doubts.  Those doubts come from the conditioning of my childhood and adult years that somethings just can't happen because - well - we believe they can't. I have been thinking that corn will be successful in holding the lows - that will lead to an opportunity to price above last years highs.  But I also see the energy the market has, and know that I - like you and most everybody else here- wants higher prices.  So, it's a battle between facts and fiction...or price and opinion if you will - especially when we are range bound which we are.  I build a framework around price, it should go here, it should go there, if it fails it means "X", etc. Without a framework you are subject to every little news article, weather forecast or tweet that comes along.  So, it might come across as certainty, but that is how you read a market.   If you prefer, I could just lie to you, make bullish and popular arguments, that would certainly be the easier road.

I will not lift my hedges until I am sure that these lows will hold.  It will cost me money if they do sure - but it's a hedge - not a trade.  I am sitting for several NFA exams next week and  do plan to extend my career to outside farming.   From there I already have a sponsoring brokerage firm, so AP, then CTA, CPO...who knows, but these tests are step one.  That will also make me tighter lipped, so you won't have to listen to my gibberish as much.  Remember, I am a farmer too.....GO BULLS!

Take Care and Merry Christmas

I enjoy reading everyones opinion but doesn't mean I agree with them. Merry Christmas to as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)