AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corndude I am going to start this thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 12/13/2015 12:40 (#4956662)
Subject: corndude I am going to start this thread

Red River Valley
with the understanding that I misunderstood what you were trying to get out of your TRADING FUTURES REAL MONEY thread.

after reading your response to others who responded, I will assume that you were looking for others to tell you more about their trading styles and success or lack there of.

with that being the case lets move forward.

First off the cheap shot about being smart could not be further from true in trading, Through the years it seems that to be a good trader the last thing one truly needs to be is a very smart person.

IMHO being adequate to slightly above with math skills is the most important factor but the truly smart traders have a very hard time not excepting the fact that the market does not get what they know. vs the marginally intelligent trader who is more willing to except the fact that his info may be the problem. Through out trading I believe that it is one of the reasons that the very smart traders who have set up a lot of the different trading and charting "programs" generally end up losing everything were as a marginally smart person with good math skills can take some of those same systems and do very well with it.

as for my style, it is safe to say it is far different than yours - probably put on les trades a year than you do in a week, usually less than ten. Generally I scale into them and most likely will hold them for longer durations than many. For the most part I could not tell you 2 days after I have entered a trade whether it is a winner or a looser let alone be calculating the fact that I was up 128.00 or a 154.00 on the trade.

as far as real number trades here is a couple they were trades that were posted on this site form some years ago I shorted corn (twice ) and beans (once) were the profit of my short was worth more than the value of the product I shorted.

another trade is one many on this site do not like, that is selling calls. personally have done it with great success this spring Maze and I posted about selling calls on the spring weather rally this trade has already lead to 6 digit profits with more time value to be extracted out of them.

As for your posted trade the other day ( the one you were entered HO at 1.20 ) it appears to have wiped out your complete profits for this year how are you handling that going forward are you looking for a bounce to try to get some loses back to sell or are you holding that position until it becomes profitable ??

Edited by Tara Farms 12/13/2015 12:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)