AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Charles Daly Semi automatic 12 g shotguns any good?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

waterpourer
Posted 12/10/2015 13:30 (#4951198 - in reply to #4950270)
Subject: RE: Charles Daly Semi automatic 12 g shotguns any good?

Sioux City, IA
In all my years of upland hunting I have never seen a Charles Daly autoloder. I have seen a few old side x side CD, but they have always been nice collector pieces. I will go out on a limb, but I don't think this autoloader comes from the same place as those nice museum pieces I have held in my hands.

I agree with the other posters who recommended lower cost pump guns. The Mossberg works well and I used to own an 870 Express. Another one not mentioned is the model 37 Ithaca featherweight. The last one would be my personal choice. The best thing about these guns is you can drop them in the mud in a snow or rain storm, and they will work. And work well.

One other option: find an old beat up side x side. I have a Stevens double in twelve that I have had since I was young. I bought it off a guy years ago for $25. It's ugly and it's had a half inch sawed off the ends where it must have gotten plugged, then fired and split. It opened the chokes a bit and someone in the past put a brass bead on it. It's the last firearm that I own however that I will ever sell, because the dang thing isn't worth hardly anything. But it works very well and would make a very good shotgun to have rattling around in the bed of a pickup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)