AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 12/9/2015 22:46 (#4950198 - in reply to #4949660)
Subject: not sure.

First off, "reported ethanol exports are only 72% of your calculated ethanol exports, correct?"  Again, remember that these numbers come from different reports.. They don't have to match.. or mesh.. or make any sense.. they just "are."  One of the biggest error sources is probably the Stocks number.. as others have pointed out.. just how accurate is it?

Stocks can dip one week.. and then gain another.. just.. because it can.  The table would expand the calculated number on the dip.. then diminish it on the gain.. so you have to keep that in mind.  Thus even though we suspect that a decent percentage of that calculated number is in fact exports.. it used to track way better than it does now..  why..???  idk..  For the data set actual reported exports.. which lag about 2 months.. do run 72%  
the difference between 32,844 k brrls and 23,649 kbrrls.  Is this a constant or changing number?  idk.  I suspect that some of this may be the denaturant..??

There have also been some pretty hefty revisions to exports.. so you have to go back and check and update.. "uh hum."

Are their other demand sinks than "blender's inputs" and "census reported exports?"  Is there too much slap in these reports to compute exports?  How about individual companies that.. "do not want to tip their hand?"

Ethanol exports are an important and growing influence.. (see the news about all the smog in Beijing lately?)  It would be nice if the gov't would allocate some resources to provide some clarity..

I also got grilled below about Canadian Production.. however, as someone on DTN noted that other countries do not have as good of reported statistics as we do.. (Canada.. China.. SAM.. etc.. ) which is another reason why fundamental analysis can get blind sided.. so data sets can only offer so much..

with me ya get what ya pay for..  I actually try to proof them a little.. but golly I've posted my fair share of "oops.".. but it is fresh.."oops."

lol.. HFT's are so over rated..  chuckle.

Tara.. yup.. I know ya told me before.. the data is what it is.  Not sure Sorghum would run 2.75.. but it is cheaper.. anywho..?? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)