AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn market to take a hit if Cruz is elected?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 12/3/2015 14:35 (#4936359 - in reply to #4936343)
Subject: No that's my honest position. I will not vote for war.

Nope that's my honest position.. I will not be supporting a pro War Candidate.

You think it was a bad outcome the last time...

I actually as a card carrying Life Long Republican.. give Obama credit..  I do believe we overstepped our bounds.. too much Gun's blazing.

We can debate how much power OPEC still haves.. but no doubt Crude WILL SPIKE.. again.. and the US Economy will TANK.. again.

I just DO NOT SEE THAT CHOICE as ANYTHING REMOTELY positive AT ALL!!!

so you don't have me... and I don't believe you'll gonna get the other half of the aisle to join ya either.

So give me something rational.. Yes I'll support rebuilding the military.. and helping our friends over in the Middle East..

Personally I don't believe we have the capacity to Stop ISIL all on our own.. I just don't believe we can do it.. even if we wanted to.

The RFS is MORE than lining my pocket.. it's headed in the RIGHT direction..  Less $$$ funding ISIL.. more self reliance..

as we up air quality standards.. and btw.. does this look like progress?

Manhattan Smog - DNU

On Nov. 24, 1966, a killer smog blanketed New York City, spurring emergency anti-pollution measures into action.

THAT's NEW YORK before the Clean Air Standards.. that is WHAT ETHANOL IS DOING FOR US!!!

( http://www.businessinsider.com/manhattan-smog-photos-1966-2013-1 )

what few people probably remember is that New York City, and much of the eastern United States, faced a similar environmental disaster during the 1950s and '60s.  

report by the Environmental Protection Agency documents one period in late November 1966 when air quality deteriorated significantly in cities along the Eastern Seaboard.  

On Nov. 24, 1966, a dense smog shrouded all of New York City. 

Between Nov. 24 and Nov. 30, New York City documented an increase of about 24 smog-related deaths per day. 

The East Coast was getting a whiff of the lethal air that had long plagued Los Angeles.

Sadly, this was the reality before any anti-pollution laws.

"Air Pollution has become a ubiquitous threat to our health and welfare because of the ever-increasing emissions of air contaminates into the never-increasing atmosphere. The result is an increased exposure of large segments of the population," the report states.  

Smog doesn't generally occur because of a sudden increase in air pollutants, but because of certain weather conditions that trap pollutants in the air. And because smog is a very visible example air pollution, it can trigger dramatic responses. 

Most Americans thumbed their nose to the problem of air pollution ... until it was literally suffocating them to death.   

The report notes that "public concern about air pollution (as judged by publicity) is minimal except during those periods when the conditions of restricted natural ventilation are sufficiently extensive to warrant issuing an air pollution potential forecast." 

The United States eventually adopted stronger pollution measures, including the Clean Air Act in 1970, which regulated emissions from factories and cars

It's Saving LIVES.. it's estimated that CHINA losses 1.6 million people per year to poor air quality.

( http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/asia/study-links-polluted-air-in-china-to-1-6-million-deaths-a-year.html?_r=0 )

BEIJING — Outdoor air pollution contributes to the deaths of an estimated 1.6 million people in China every year, or about 4,400 people a day, according to a newly released scientific paper

The paper maps the geographic sources of 
China’s toxic air and concludes that much of the smog that routinely shrouds Beijing comes from emissions in a distant industrial zone, a finding that may complicate the government’s efforts to clean up the capital city’s air in time for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

The authors are members of Berkeley Earth, a research organization based in Berkeley, Calif., that uses statistical techniques to analyze environmental issues. The paper has been accepted for publication in the peer-reviewed scientific journal PLOS One, according to the organization. 

According to the data presented in the paper, about three-eighths of the Chinese population breathe air that would be rated “unhealthy” by United States standards. The most dangerous of the pollutants studied were fine airborne particles less than 2.5 microns in diameter, which can find their way deep into human lungs, be absorbed into the bloodstream and cause a host of health problems, including asthma, strokes, lung cancer and heart attacks. 

I may not be TOTALLY with Obama on Man Caused Climate Change.. but some of the goals are not all bad..

Instead of starting World War 3.. let's just keep pressing on solving the problems at hand.

I just DO NOT SEE starting WWW 3 as a viable option to future happiness...

So good luck with that... 

I will not be joing you there.

Edited by JonSCKs 12/3/2015 14:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)