AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We need to BUST THROUGH the E-10 Blend Wall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 12/1/2015 10:48 (#4931235 - in reply to #4931169)
Subject: RE: Im not going to support Cruz..

SW KS, near Dodge City
And I'm sure you apportion the miles that your farm pickup that you depreciated at an accelerated rate (tax break) is used for the farm versus the amount you use it for personally. I'm also absolutely certain that your electricity at your home place has 2 meters, one for the farm and one for the house, and the same for fuel put on the farm account, all of it that is used personally is accounted for.

And Jon was the one that referenced Eisenhower increasing taxes to put in the Interstate system, implying that a tax increase for the good of the country is beneficial, also implying that ethanol is for the good of the country.

As farmer's we can't really throw stones about subsidies. But we finally have an industry that looks like it might be viable on it's own going forward, and we keep shooting ourselves in the foot running to gov't to guarantee success. It's because as an industry we've become so reliant on gov't that we just don't realize it.

I believe in ethanol... I believe it can be a very significant part of the picture going forward. I just don't think we can be talking out both sides of our mouth when we decry EPA infringement on our rights (dust, CAFO rules, etc...) all the while we support EPA infringement on the free market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)