AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chevy Suburban 6.5 diesel -96 good / bad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 11/29/2015 00:24 (#4925618 - in reply to #4919289)
Subject: RE: Chevy Suburban 6.5 diesel -96 good / bad?

NW KS/ SC ID
it will have the rounded dash, with the low cup holders and tray on the passenger side ( no provision for Passenger side airbag) and a seperate ash tray that is not connected to the 12V ports, they will be beside it though.

Under the hood it will have the AC sitting high on the Drivers side on a large cast front accessory bracket with an integrated lifting eye, and the thermostat housing will have an outlet neck pointing backwards and the hose runs around the back of the a/c compressor.

1995 will be an almost identical interior, except the ash tray and 12V ports are all on a big tip down panel.

Under the hood, the layout is completely different for the engine accessories, the a/c will be on the pass. side, alt on the left, different accessory brackets, t-stat housing outlet will point forward at an angle towards the radiator.

The only bad part about a 1995 (and older) is the OPS (oil pressure switch) carries all the load of the lift pump. OPS can't handle it, burns up, LP no longer runs, starves IP of fuel, PMD overheats, goes bad, change PMD, IP wears out pre-maturely, there goes more than a grand, etc. all because of one 30 dollar OPS. :)

There is a simple fix for that though.

www.leroydiesel.com sells a nice relay kit that lets the LP system operate safely like GM intended (aka not pumping fuel all over a crash scene) but has a relay to take all the load off the OPS. I have 2 installed, and a few more on the shelf waiting to go on the others.

Leroy Diesel, Heath Diesel, Kennedy Diesel are my top 3 list of trustworthy vendors. I only use Leroy though, he has better prices. He does work hard with the out of USA customers to try to keep shipping as cheap as possible.

Avoid SS Diesel like the flu, they sell a sub-par PMD relocation kit and are in denial of its suckage, and will deny all warranty. Avoid A-1 Customs like a hooker with AIDS. Yes, they are that bad.

Dieselplace.com and thetruckstop.us are the two forums I trust (6.5L versions of NAT) there are allready a few folks with 6.5L rigs from Finland on thetruckstop.us, in case you need a friend to help you work on it.

Any more questions feel free to ask, I kinda enjoy the old gals and am happy to help. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)