AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dry vs Liquid Fert.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/24/2015 19:24 (#4917522 - in reply to #4915569)
Subject: RE: Dry vs Liquid Fert.

East Central, Nebraska
i cannot tell you that if you quit using liquid starter everything will be better, but what you describe is exactly what i am doing. to be honest i feel like my way is better because the p is instantly available to the plant. i am putting the P before i plant in approximately the same spot it would be with the planter (maybe slightly deeper), i am using a cheaper form of it and as much as i desire, and also making a nice freshly tilled black strip to plant into all while avoiding the additional cost of fancy openers and down pressure systems. all while not rusting out my planter and getting more planted in a day because all i have to reload is seed. my strips are raised slightly so they dry quicker than disked or no tilled ground. i will never tell anyone strip tilling is better than another way. but it seems to be finding a home in my operation. Its expensive equipment but i feel as if i will never have a need for any other tillage piece, and it uses a lot of horsepower but so do all the disks my neighbors pull around. good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)