AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 3306 Injector water leak?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver
Posted 10/26/2008 20:46 (#491558 - in reply to #491513)
Subject: RE: Cat 3306 Injector water leak?

Shaftsbury, Vermont (SW VT)
If you're running a 3306 as I remember them in the loaders and dozers, the injectors are in a pre-chamber that also holds the glow plugs. They are sealed into the head by an o-ring that can harden with age and also by overheating. Easy enough to reseal; drain the coolant from the block first. Then unhook the nozzle,and remove. Then you need a special tool that looks like a bolt with splines on the outside of it to take the pre-chamber out. Keep track of the spacer under the chamber; it determines the angle that the glow plug winds up at when you put it back in. Easiest to take them out one at a time, or at least keep track of which chamber and spacer goes to each cylinder. Clean the rust out of the bore in the head and use a wire brush wheel to clean the pre-chamber outside. I used grease on the o-ring and in the bore to lube it and prevent rust. I don't know the torque off the top of my head. Hopefully someone else will help here.
The nozzle screws onto the adapter a good finger tight; when you torque it in that will seal it. Wipe off the seat before you insert the nozzle. Same deal about the torque. Primes up easy enough. Leave the line loose at the nozzle and pump the primer pump. That will clear the air out of the lines; then tighten up. Good luck.. OD
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)