AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 2016 is looking ugly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 11/23/2015 07:35 (#4914412 - in reply to #4914177)
Subject: RE: My 2016 is looking ugly

frytownfarmer - 11/22/2015 23:19

Your only job is to grow as good of a crop as you can and don't be bashful when price gives an opportunity.

I will be honest. I have no 2016 plan. well I DID... I was telling Graintrader (and agtalk) this past june when dec 15 corn got to 4.40 to sell it all... I basically did that but my plan was also to price 50-75% of 2016 corn as well.... that would have been around 4.40 as well... A GREAT PLAN!

I chickened out.

so now what? 

don't know. But I'm NOT going to lock in a loss... if I sell at a loss I will be going down swinging.

I have no bins.

See, here's the problem- you are NOT going to lock in a loss?  Well, maybe I should have sold everything at CZ $4.40 but locking in a loss is exactly what some of us not blessed with a good corn crop would have done by doing so.  Should everybody have doubled down and sold a million bushels on the board and rode that down and pocketed 60 cents?  Yeah, I suppose so.

BTW, I've not welded my bin doors shut.  We're hauling beans to the river right now and when that gets done the corn will move too.  Basis too good to not be rewarded. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)