AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low risk rent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/22/2015 10:33 (#4912569 - in reply to #4912462)
Subject: RE: Low risk rent

East Central, Nebraska
probably different topic but I have been wanting to do something like this for a person I custom farm for. I rented more acres this year and either I am going to need some skin in the game in his operation or he can find someone else.

as for the point of this topic. I read the posts below and I feel on a renter side I have all the risk involved, and you have no way of knowing what I am talking about unless you asked. so the fact of everyone going back and forth on that post makes no sense. i have farms that i pay everything up front in February which i would say i am taking all the risk on. i have farms that i split spring and fall payments which i would say we are sharing some risk on but not really, because if i lose my a$$ then i still have to pay them their rent. you look at it on the side that i may not pay my rent, i get that but that's no different then me not paying my credit card bills and such. do a credit check on me. you will find i have always held up my end of the deal, therefor i feel as if the landlord once again has the upper hand. yes things can go wrong, but i have had it work the other way too. i have had valid leases in my hand and no letter before sept first and had the landlord call in feb telling me the neighbor will pay more.

Edited by caseihfarmer 11/22/2015 10:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)