AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agriculture's image problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Snafu
Posted 11/20/2015 16:43 (#4909054 - in reply to #4908730)
Subject: RE: Agriculture's image problem

kansas/nebraska border
steve1616 - 11/20/2015 13:14

This whole thread kind of annoys me. I must be the only farmer making less than 40k a year, and I work way more hours than a normal 8-5 job. I have been both a farmer and an employee in a few industries. My Dad convinced me to farm because of the way of life, but I made more money at every single other job I have worked. Does no one realize that we don't get to set our prices. That is why we get the insurance subsidies. To say that we can get our loans back just from insurance is a load of crap. Insurance will not pay you any profit. It might let you farm another year. Do the people posting in this thread have any idea what the heck goes into farming. No, not anyone can do it. First, you have to work hard unless your a third generation farmer that might be rich enough to hire everything out. You need to have many job skills to do all the jobs on a farm, especially if you have any precision stuff.

This whole thread makes no sense to me because I don't know of a single farmer in our area making much money. I must be our of touch or at least a horrible farmer since everyone else that farms seems to make a billion dollars a year. That is definitely the tone of this thread
what is your location?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)