AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agriculture's image problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CMN
Posted 11/20/2015 14:36 (#4908859 - in reply to #4908837)
Subject: RE: Agriculture's image problem

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
I got your point ND, and I agree. In order for us Framers to get back to level of efficiency we once had the suppliers we deal with have to get more efficient...they cannot survive on $3.00 corn...I can.

I went on a couple Winfield trips, had to spend about $150,000.00 with them to "earn" the trip...so much for being free. The value amounts to about a $1400.00 maybe $1500.00 stay at a time share. You have to buy the plane ticket, and provide your own spending money.

I tried to get the cash instead...nope had to take the trip or pick from one of several other items in the promotions book. The money I receive from the gov't helped pay for the over priced products and promotions from Winfield. Tell me again 420, who ultimately gets the gov't subsidies?

All this frivolous sales promotion is built right into the bag seed or gallon of chemical...along with all the lawyers wages to sue each other. Every year we struggle to create brand new US dollars to pay all these people...At $3.00 corn there is going to be a few needed lay offs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)