AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So, someone curb my enthusiasm- HRSW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

khall_12_34
Posted 11/19/2015 13:23 (#4906595)
Subject: So, someone curb my enthusiasm- HRSW

Formerly NE North Dakota, now NW MN
Local basis bid at the shuttle loader has improved 10c in the last week or so, and now dec. (talking minneapolis thunderdome here) is also trying to squeek out an inversion to the march....

Elevator man told me in the phone today that COT bids are like -600 and I think the ask is -200 ( I might have the bid/ask backwards there... confusing when it's negative). I think the shuttle loaders are long freight again, and I think it has the potential to be beneficial to farmers.

I'm not talking wheat's going 6 by easter. I have no idea about that. What I am suggesting is that shuttles are bidding both the front futures and soon the cash market to try to fill a few trains. What happens after that I have no idea, but I'm thinking (particularly if the weather is bad and no really feels like hauling grain) now to dec 31st might provide a bit of an opportunity to move some hrsw.

So, someone tell me that I'm wrong, that the whole eastern europe, indian, australian and argentinian crop is a bust, and that we'll be hauling for $7 cash this spring, because 1.) I'm feeling exceedingly lazy these days, and would rather haul grain later, 2.) not sure I like the idea of "starter" or "cashflow" sales having to work real hard to squeek a 5-handle on the front of the price......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)