AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row cleaners in front of strip-till???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/18/2015 19:28 (#4905050 - in reply to #4904908)
Subject: RE: Row cleaners in front of strip-till???

Morris, IL
What does Krause have for a shin on front of the shank? On our Redball i welded a 1/2"x1/2"x1/8" angle iron on the front of factory round shin. It seemed to help with that. Before if i was in wetter conditions with longer stalks they would wrap and never get off, caused poor strip at times, mostly before we started running knife rolls. But when the angle iron was new corn stalks seemed to get cut and leave or not build up as bad. They have worn down now and i really notice problem coming back so i'll have to do something for next year. I might have picture of what i did.

Also i would look at changing the row cleaner to look more look like these on Redball, if you could figure a way to add gauge wheels i think that would work good as well. Our rig will go through about anything, just finished for the year, ran in lot of 200-250, even some area getting near 300 bushel and i never got out of the seat. Seems lot of guys are trying prescription tillage blades on Krasue as well. http://www.prescriptiontillage.com/products.html

(IMG_1039.JPG)

(IMG_1041.JPG)

(IMG_0396.JPG)

(IMG_0397.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1039.JPG (212KB - 74 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1041.JPG (197KB - 78 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0396.JPG (203KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0397.JPG (207KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)