AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I a Veteran??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 11/17/2015 14:16 (#4902095 - in reply to #4892211)
Subject: RE: Am I a Veteran??

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
Thank you to all of you who were in the service~

Sadly the VA is a system that excludes some benefits to many how served. My neighbor and very good friend has used the VA all his adult life as he joined in the late 40s and was in while the Korean conflict was going on... Now it boils down to where they won't cover bills associated with his ending up in a nursing home.. (I had one uncle who was in the nursing home for around 4 years and passed away last Christmas and they treated him great)... The reason they give for "NOT" providing benefits for my neighbor who retired 20 years ago from Fairbanks/Morse is that he was stationed on a ship and didn't serve on land.... After he was in our local nursing home for 4 months his wife had to pull him out as if she didn't they were going to lose the farm they bought after he retired as it was costing over $6,000 a month... This man served with honor, was honorably discharged, did good for others all his life and would give the shirt of his back for anyone but now he gets the boot in the @@@ from the VA... Have any of you had to deal with this issue? They've contacted our local representatives, etc. with no help coming... His wife is finally hiring some extra help to come in and help take care of him at times but the last year has been hell on both of them... If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated for sure... It's my opinion even if you didn't see combat you were on call all the time and for years after you were enlisted and are definitely a veteran...
Thanks again~!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)