AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JonSCKs, El Nino
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/16/2015 10:07 (#4899297 - in reply to #4898961)
Subject: The thing that 2011 taught us..

The thing that 2011 taught us.. is that when it goes south.. it can go SOUTH in a BIG WAY..

True stories:  Guy had a pivot do like 260 in 2010.. planted more of that.. 2011 did 60 IRRIGATED after pumping 20"  OUCH!!

Dryland on us.. did 180 in 09 on a field.. averaged 1 bu per acre in 2011.. first 5 fields that we went to with adjuster.. NOTHING but a tumbleweed standing taller then my knee.. NOTHING!! 

So just like a race car at the drag strip.. The hybrids that we are running today can REALLY FLY.. or they can EXPLODE upon takeoff..  and that's the lesson from 2011 for me.

Richard.. the maps as I understand them are isobar's of ??? (golly idk..something..blue is good.. red is not..??  Maybe this is Hillary's electorial college.. for all I know..).. that someone put together from looking at categorizing a number of years..  aka  "Okay we'll call this scenerio "A" 1960's to mid 1970's.. Scenerio "B" Late 1970's (more or less) to Mid 1990's.. Scenerio "D" mid 1990's to 2014'ish.. (not sure about that stretch in early 00's..)  to now.. "C".. from about 2013/14.. till something else changes again... probably gonna last a couple years..

On TOP of that you've got the ONI or ENSO cycle.. plus probably a couple more.. some that we know about.. some.. probably.. "not so much." 

Who's got that Butterfly Index?  and how does it affect US corn yields..

Don.. I get it.. but you know.. a weather pattern is late.. or early.. and US Corn yields flip.. 10..15.. 20.. maybe 30 bushels ..??  If the wet this year shows up.. 30 days later.. all the beans get in in Mizzou.. and we're talking a 4.5 byn bushel bean crop vs 4...

The Heat in Texas from 2011 sets up over Omaha in summer of 2016... do we see $8 corn again?

Who knows?

idk...

"fwiw."

Anyone wanna talk sports?

Cubbies win it all 2016!!!  saw it here first...  

(or the Royals again... ;-

Edited by JonSCKs 11/16/2015 10:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)