AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maize or Ray
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 11/15/2015 08:21 (#4897265 - in reply to #4896946)
Subject: Commercial ownership

SE IL
M&M's - 11/14/2015 07:42

I was talking with a merchandiser for one of our local e-plants. He needs corn yet for November and lots going forward in December yet this year. He wanted to know what it would take for me to open my bin doors. He thought if he offered free DP and a nickel push in basis that he may get some moving. I told him I didn't think he would get any. With this weeks price action and having the work done having the corn tucked away it would take a lot more than that for me to get excited to haul. Our local basis is in the -.50 range. I told him he may have to cut that in half to get me to even core some bins before the end of the year.
He also said most of the commercials cannot sell much now because most of the corn sitting at those facilities is on storage. This could get interesting. What do you think it would take to make some corn move??

I don't know how true that last paragraph is but I do wonder if the commercials have enough ownership to quench the basis in a big way? Or for a long period? Thanks guys!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)