AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early interseeded cover crops?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

loran
Posted 11/15/2015 07:34 (#4897171 - in reply to #4896405)
Subject: RE: Early interseeded cover crops?

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
It was another educational yr with InnerSeed....

As you know I was 100% on my corn acres...... Diversity seems to be very important is the biggest lesson 2015. We lost a lot of seed too, to predators I believe too..... 2016 will all be drilled, especially on bean residue....COC, we seems to have enough residue,we can get by dropping seed in...

I'd quote yield but, some would think I'm BS'n..... But I will be 100% in corn next yr.

The worst corn of mine was single species......but even that was better then majority of the custom work we did.

Right at harvest, my fields looked like my variable rate planting map, we again had a flash drought.....stunted the corn enough the covers thrived, across the road in the neighbors.... The foxtail came hard.

I find it interesting most had issues with Clover this yr..... Mine was slow, but really kicked in gear the last couple weeks when ground temps drop.

Most impressive this yr...... Rapeseed....and radish, they're not supposed to be shade tolerant, they thrived.

My best field of corn....is on its 4th yr of InnerSeed...pictured right below.(I'll also include they ARG field and the TwinRow I'm doing on bean stubble, I just stripped that this week)

Edited by loran 11/15/2015 07:43

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (249KB - 170 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (177KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (207KB - 163 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (232KB - 175 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (168KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (148KB - 171 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)