AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chicken litter replacing comercial phosphorus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

zachary193
Posted 11/14/2015 12:16 (#4896159 - in reply to #4896139)
Subject: RE: Chicken litter replacing comercial phosphorus

Well looking in to it the n spice is more organic n and would be mineralized not saying don't really care but the fact is urea is cheap and ammonium sulfate is cheap as well. I'm just looking for a good build program. Can get chicken litter hauled for about 35 a ton. Have to have a nutrient balance sheet and soil test wich I have a current soil test. I'm not doing 5,000 acres just a test on maybe 30 acres to see if it makes a difference. It's hard to say maybe it won't work for litter!! Maybe be the best corn I ever raised. Hard to say. The p fertilizer and the k is the most expensive to replace. Nitrogen has cost to as well but it's not quite as bad as the p and k. I just want to see the difference make sure she works well. I do use liquid Infurrow as well and that has a high concentration of p so if all reality the liquid would feed the plant some and the p from the litter would feed some of the plant and build some organic p. This is all in a perfect world situation just saying its a test of its cos effective enough to try
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)