AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 11/11/2015 17:50 (#4890750 - in reply to #4890152)
Subject: RE: Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)

Count me in the group. I am 50, and my 1st attack was about 15 years ago. I have a little high blood pressure, which my docs think started mine.
I got up in morning to go to work, just did not feel my 150% like I always did before, kind of tired , but wired....I felt my heart area and it seemed like a motorcycle rev'd up. I had my wife hold her hand there and she said lets go to doc and this time I said ok, so something was up. Went to ER, they gave me some meds and soon after I went back into regular rhythm, but they had the shocker cart rolled in there !!!!.
Had to stay overnight and pass a stress test the next morning to get released ( this was in the start of soybean harvest time too ) , and was good to go and WANTING to GO, have had several stress tests since. For a while I was off caffeine, but last few years got back on that dang pop again, salt is another, I know better, and need to do a better job of diet, I love Mt Dew, so I try and drink in moderation, but I do drink more water and Gatorade instead of the pop, and decaf coffee along with green tea.
Staying hydrated is important too, so I drink more than I used too, and after my A-Fib, I pretty much gave up all alcohol, and actually dont miss it.
I take Toprol ( metapryl ) for my A-Fib rythym and Losartan or Attacand for my blood pressure, along with a daily aspirin. It helped getting out of the dealership too, as I think my stress levels decreased some and since I went out on my own, have learned to deal with things that I cant get all done in a day or change.
The biggest concern is a blod clot forming since the blood can pool and not flow threw, so they will thin the blood to control that 1st , then see how the other meds work.
I remember I had some stiffness in the back of my neck and had a hell of a bad headache the night before too. Headaches have really slowed down since blood pressure is better, I used to about have a headache every other day, but since I have gotten my neck and spine alignment done with chiropractic, wisdom teeth out ( impacted ), and got orthotics for feet. I still have a fair amount of sinus headaches yet, but I dont have near as many migraines.
I used to take a fish oil cap, and doc had me on a cholesterol pill ( Lipitor ) too, but I had an allergic reaction to that and weaned myself off of it and just try and watch diet. If you can control your sugar intake, you can really help yourself out, its hard for me, as I love sweets.
Good to hear things fairly worked out, if you are a go getter like I am, you need to train yourself to slow down a gear or two, and that is easier said than done too.
Good luck and health to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)