AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 11/11/2015 10:59 (#4890152)
Subject: Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
Anybody on this board have it?

Found out Sunday night, I do.

I'd started having some chest pain Friday, but It was only when I took a deep breath. It felt more like when I had pneumonia years ago. I thought it was some sort of lung related problem (or other breathing problem).

Worked Saturday and felt fine, no pain at all. Saturday night it came back, but still only hurt if I tried to take a real deep breath.

Got up Sunday morning and felt fine, no pain at all, thought "good, it's gone". Around two in the afternoon I started hurting again when trying to take a deep breath.

About seven that evening I started to feel my heart racing and told the wife "something is not right we should go to the hospital".

Heart rate was 157 when they checked me in. They did all kind of tests and found no blood clots on the lungs. Put me on medicine to get the heart back in time, and did a heart cath first thing Tue. morning.

Long story short, Dr. said I'm one of about ten patients a year (out of 1600-2000) they test who has no blockage. He gave us a chart that showed less than 20% EF is severe (I don't remember what EF is) 55-65% is normal heart, and above 70% is Hyperdynamic (long distance runners).......I had 65%...so I didn't have a heart attack, I have no blockage at all, and my heart is in good shape (so that was all nice to know), but they really have no idea why my heart got out of time.

Sent me home Tuesday afternoon, and have me on a beta blocker pill that I take once a day.

Just curious if anyone here has AFib and what your experience has been?

For now I'm just thankful it wasn't a worse outcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)