AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1660 rotor loss
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deadduck
Posted 10/23/2008 09:16 (#488894 - in reply to #488620)
Subject: Re: 1660 rotor loss

Northeast Louisiana
I probably have the worst combine set up for corn. My 2388 has the specialty rotor with full rice spikes and a Stewart Steel Axcellar kit on the front. I haven't pulled any wires on the concaves. I have disrupters on the keystock grates. That being said, the rotor loss is not bad, even in 200+ bushel corn.

The only change I make going from soybeans and rice to corn is to fully retard the vanes. I run the rotor about 400 - 450, with the concaves around 2, it cleans the cobs but breaks very few of them. Grain quality is very good.

They say the specialty rotor will always lose a litte more corn than the standard. I haven't really had much of a problem, but it's probably true. Straight bars in the back are supposed to help rotor losses in corn, but I've never tried them.

I'd say you need to speed your rotor up, close the concaves up, put the disrupters on, fully retard the vanes, and increase your ground speed to keep that rotor full. Axial flow combines are always more efficient when close to full. Our rotor losses will go up when we have to slow down for some reason.

Good luck, you just have to keep playing with the settings.

Edited by Deadduck 10/23/2008 09:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)