AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

road tractor again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jedeka
Posted 10/23/2008 08:28 (#488847 - in reply to #488821)
Subject: RE: road tractor again

Boone, Iowa
My 1990 Pete has a 3406 B engine with 425 hp, which is a mechanical engine. A 95 should have the 3406E, which will be an electronic engine. These are good engines and will give you trouble-free miles. There were a few years that some C and D series were made. If I heard correctly, you want to stay away from these. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. I was doing some grain hauling for the elevator several years ago and on a 120 mile round trip haul, I was getting around 6 mpg. I have had this truck for 12 years and have not had any engine problems. I have had the valves set and change the oil on a regular basis. The only problem I have had is exhaust manifold studs breaking. Hopefully, we now have that fixed by installing a new exhaust manifold. The old 3 piece manifold was rusted together and would not allow for heat expansion. As far as your wheel size goes, yes you can swap the 24.5 for 22.5 wheels and tires. I would do some checking for tire height and may be able to use a 22.5 for a spare if they match up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)