AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cold Snap coming.. HRW Wheat not looking good.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 11/9/2015 23:37 (#4887474 - in reply to #4885950)
Subject: RE: Cold Snap coming.. HRW Wheat not looking good.

In our neck of the woods, we are dry......no subsoil moisture......twisted the soil sample tube !!!!!
yes we got about an inch and a bit more over the past several weeks. yes, moisture in the top few inches, but that's it.
a lot of wheat has been planted for a while, and just now starting to come...took the moisture that long to get down
there.
I'm afraid we are looking at a situation of either winter kill, due to a fairly high root crown, since many just dusted
it, and just running out of water one of these days, we've got enough rain to get it up, but not really to keep it going,
but then not a lot of water used in the winter tho.....

crop conditions come out today, in tx, ok and ks, 52% or more of the wheat is in fair condition or worse....not a good way to start out.
the biggest percentages were in the "fair condition", usually 35 to 40%.....

I think there is a fellow on here that talked of a study about a "drought"........well that will be next year. What saved the bacon this
year was some good rains in the late spring of last year, but not all were lucky.

BUT....things must be good.....wheat has double digit loss today.

I would like to know what would happen if we all said our wheat yielded 80 bu an acre.......think it would go limit up ?

on comment on the late wheat drilling.......that might be the best thing penciling out.......crop insurance price for wheat is better
and if does not make it, they will take the insurance, and "free plant", with beans.....milo maybe, but a lot of expense there with milo.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)