AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowplows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoBob
Posted 10/22/2008 23:40 (#488695 - in reply to #488592)
Subject: Re: Snowplows

West Central Wisconsin
I bought a Western 8.5' v plow when they "reintroduced" them in mid 90's. I had the first one in town and used it in parking lots and to place snow from rental storage units, (owners didn't do very good long term planning). The inverted v position was a must as I sometimes had to make three direction changes to get snow out from between these buildings. I especially liked the three different modes on the controller which allowed 1-normal left&right movement,2-both wings simultainiously v to scoop and 3-independent left or right wing movement. If you hit an obstacle the spring loaded cutting edges would trip which I believe early Bosses did not have. The things I disliked about the Western was it was very slow and very heavy and it didn't have enough angle to roll snow away from the leading edge. The weight was a factor when you were plowing gravel driveways and the ground wasn't froze solid yet, even then it would dig sometimes. Remember though this is on an older MVP. I am sure they have addressed some of the problems since that model. Joe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)