AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cold Snap coming.. HRW Wheat not looking good.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 11/9/2015 15:41 (#4886532 - in reply to #4886476)
Subject: RE: Replants..??

Nc Ks.
Most of our wheat is planted after soybean harvest. The last few years, the later the planted, the poorer the wheat at harvest time. Even though we may be talking only 10 to 14 days from earliest planted to last planted. This year with soybean planting delayed until the middle of June to first of July, soybean harvest was even later than usual. That plus the dry conditions when we planted the wheat makes for a lot of bare ground showing where there should be wheat growing. Doesn't mean we couldn't raise a bumper crop but from past experiences, I wouldn't be betting on it. Then between the late date and the poor wheat price, quite a few guys in my neighborhood cut back on acres or didn't plant any at all. Earlier planted wheat on old wheat ground looks good except for the spots that didn't germinate at planting. They are just emerging now like the bean ground wheat from the half inch of rain we got a week or so ago. Bottom line, we need a good rain, now. And then we are going to have to have some favorable conditions from mother nature. I know wheat has nine lives. Hate to start using them up this early.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)