AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowplows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Wilber
Posted 10/22/2008 22:22 (#488592 - in reply to #488566)
Subject: Re: Snowplows

I have a western ultra-mount 8'6'' v on my truck, and my dad has a 8'2'' boss v on his truck, after one year of running two different plows i vote for the western, when hooking to the truck, you have more room side to side to drive into than the boss does, boss makes a good plow but the hand held remote buttons are to large where as the westerns are smaller and can be done more easily for me, western lights are bigger, and brighter. The only real disadvantage of the boss in my opinion is the lift cylinder on the front and i am comparing this to the western where the have the chains, and cylinder where boss has no chains, what happens if that cylinder fails for some reason? what do you do? hope to have a chain to hold it up, or drop the plow where is sits. Western has the chains to hold it up. So my vote goes to either the western or boss, wouldn't even consider another brand. I also wouldn't consider a straight blade, we plow primarily at a hospital and doctor offices, and if any of you have seen some of those lots, you would understand why a V is the way to go.

Edited by Wilber 10/22/2008 22:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)