AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are the legalities of slow equipment signage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BrentOntario
Posted 11/7/2015 10:34 (#4882550 - in reply to #4882268)
Subject: RE: What are the legalities of slow equipment signage?

I agree with duallymax, don't have a sign about passing or ever signal other vehicles to pass. Let the drivers behind make it 100% their own decision on when they could pass. However, I think you could be safe with a sign that spells out "slow moving vehicle" just to reinforce the meaning of the red orange triangle.

Some jurisdictions require use of a "high reflectivity" SMV sign, they have a crosshatch pattern in the red part. Well worth paying 1 or 2 $ extra in any case.

Using the SMV as a stationary marker is illegal in Ontario. I always thought that legitimate farmers should have the right to confiscate these driveway markers to use on their own equipment.

It's correct to think that urban drivers are clueless as per signs. Take this sign:

Now ask them exactally what it means. A certain percentage will reply correctly as a "yield" sign. Then ask them exactly what "yield" means when you are behind the wheel and confront the sign. Many can't give an answer, and the difference between knowing or not is difference between safe driving and having an at-fault collision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)