AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will US miss our 3 MBD oil?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 11/6/2015 20:02 (#4881583 - in reply to #4881368)
Subject: RE:I don't mean to be rude but ...

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
I don't mean to be rude but are you likely to sell that oil to Brazil with their weak Real or to the US? I have to say I think the Canadian electorate gave President Obama an absolute political gift. Your new Prime Minister is much less strident about Keystone than the previous. To quote the LA times: "The lingering cross-border irritant over the proposed Keystone XL pipeline may be over with the Trudeau government. Harper had said he would not “take no for an answer” from the Obama administration regarding the project to transport Alberta crude oil to U.S. Gulf Coast refineries, and Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton opposes the pipeline, but Trudeau has taken an approach somewhat in the middle. He supports it, as long as there is a stricter environmental review process." Plus the fact that Trudeau will need to go to Paris very soon and defend Tar Sands oil which by any measure has probably a higher carbon cost than even coal.
I take that back, it's Obama who has done the favor. Trudeau doesn't even have to argue for Keystone anymore. He's got the perfect excuse. In fact, this is going to work out great for Trudeau. The Canadians want to get out of the contract to buy some F35's (expensive piece of junk). Now he can say, no Keystone, no F35's. He come off looking tough and gets to go buy better planes someplace else.
This is all going to work out fine. In fact, now you Canadian farmers can build a few more ethanol plants.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)