AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Rent Survey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Whatadeal
Posted 11/6/2015 17:54 (#4881271 - in reply to #4881186)
Subject: RE: Land Rent Survey

central Iowa
steelguitar - 11/6/2015 16:54

Town and Country - 11/6/2015 12:51

Got a card yesterday asking me my acres of each commodity and what I pay per acre rent. Are they serious? it said its valuable to the extension service when putting on seminars on land rental agreements and such. With all the information we need to give the "man" why in blazes would I bare my soul on that? Just so the landlords have a benchmark to look at and maybe raise their rent? No thanks, I filed that one in the trash

Throw it away? That was dumb, I'd atleast fill out with a bias that helps you, rather than throw it in the garbage and complain about it. You know the LLs/farm managers/bank trust depts are going to do the same.
I've tried that with ISU's custom rate survey....apparently they throw those out.
And by the way, I deal with a farm manager on one farm that's cash rent. He says his job is to rent the farm at the market. I've asked him, How do you do that? If you're paying too much you aren't telling anybody and if you're too little you sure the heck aren't telling anybody. The NSA couldn't find out cash rents around here!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)