AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

daddycal
Posted 11/5/2015 08:50 (#4878262 - in reply to #4877928)
Subject: RE: Farm Program

Montana
MY concern is that this program talks about Young Farmers and Minorities and helping them. This PLC allows landowners to get paid according to a base, many of those who will get paid, do not raise andy crops. Their land is in CRP or left idle. A Young person might have bought land and may be farming that land without a Base. Without a Base, the Young farmers cannot get PLC payments.

Many Landowners in Montana are very happy and proud that they will get payments even though they do not actively farm their land. Max Baucus helped make it that way so more money would come to Montana but I think it is dirty and evil to pay a non farmer while a struggling farmer, without an old established base, gets no help when grain prices are way too low.

I really feel for the young farmers who are trying to get started because so many old guys have made rules and programs to give most of the Farm Program money to themselves and their rich old friends.

I may be an old Guy but I do not like to see anyone cheated or exploited. In My Opinion, the PLC is a very dishonest program
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)