AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shortage of farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 11/5/2015 08:22 (#4878202 - in reply to #4870700)
Subject: RE: Ben Riensche???

EC Nebraska
NEIAGuy - 11/5/2015 00:00

I'll vouch for Ben here, Blue Diamond is the kind of operation that other large producers should look at as an example of the right way to do things. Though we've never had the opportunity to do business together Ben has always taken the time to visit with me when I called or stopped by, I can assure you there are several other sizeable operations in our area that don't believe in that kind of common courtesy. In a discussion about large operations in this area there are many others, some who are substantially smaller, who will draw negative opinions that are well deserved but I can honestly tell you I've never heard what I thought to be a legitimate complaint about Bens. I also can tell you I know of a few occasions where it appeared Ben stepped back from a possible opportunity for himself to give young guy a shot. I guess I just hate to see someone be persecuted for being successful especially when that person has achieved that success in a decent and respectable way.

That's fine. I'm sure he's a nice guy and does a very good job producing grain. I'm not doubting that at all. And apparently his growth hasn't steamrolled quite as many small guys as other large operations. So that's good. It still seems a bit hypocritical for a large operation to think the government should step in to "protect" the young start-up from the large operation.

And my biggest dislike of Ben is his repeated and vehement insistence that he has every right to trample over any farmers field that he chooses, anywhere in the corn belt, without permission. He likes to teach city people that it's fine for them to do the same and expects us to be grateful for that.
I really dislike that attitude.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)