AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/4/2015 11:22 (#4876469 - in reply to #4876393)
Subject: RE: Farm Program

southern MN
Lot of the farm program is written by business men in finance and politicians that haven't been on a farm. A lot of us farmers could come up with a better system than we have. Some portions of what we have aren't so bad, but there sure is room for improvement and pairing down big parts of it.

So long as the govt controls our markets, what and where we can sell, and has the power of embargo as Nixon and Carter used, they also need to offer some security of some sort, some safety net from the chaos they create.

As well every single successful govt understands and uses food security systems and subsidies, it is the way of society to have a safe and cheap food program and we will have that whether we want it or not, period. Understand that and work with it, or fight a losing battle. Welcome to the world as it has been and will be.

I see you have an agenda, you put many words in my mouth that do not belong there, so I will just walk away from this conversation. This is the 'nice' section of NAT and I only offer my opinion, not the baiting and name calling you seem itching for here.

You may carry on with your agenda, of course, whatever it is.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)