AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

zipper replacement in carhartt jackets/coats
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 11/3/2015 14:08 (#4874837 - in reply to #4874328)
Subject: RE: zipper replacement in carhartt jackets/coats

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

gene_champ - 11/3/2015 07:52 i have been buying carhartts for probably the last 30 years. i could wear the coat for chores for years, and would be just about rags before my wife made me throw it and get a new one. the zipper still worked though. the last 2 jackets i got, the zipper failed, and the jacket was still is pretty good shape. i called the company to complain about the poor quality zippers. the guy said they were working to improve the zipper quality, and offered to send me a replacement zipper. i received the zipper, but it looks like it is a real job to replace it. far beyond my skills. if i pay to take it somewhere, i just as well forget it and buy a new one. is there a halfway easy way to replace the zipper? if not, looking for recommendations for a different brand.

The 'seat and top' shop in town does some of that kind of repair on heavy weight work clothes.......Carhartt, etc. You might try a similar place, or perhaps the place that makes semi tarps, or an upholstery shop. It takes a heckuva sewing machine to be able to handle the thickness of the canvas clothing fabric and the fabric of the zipper as well.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)