AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shortage of farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 10/31/2015 13:28 (#4868736 - in reply to #4868724)
Subject: RE: shortage of farmers

west central illinois
Buck S - 10/31/2015 12:15

emtbd1979 - 10/31/2015 11:54

Buck S - 10/31/2015 11:36

I started from zero 8 years ago. No family money and no machinery and just a little chunk of ground that my old man owns. I had to outbid the former renter to get it. Worked my ass off for my uncle to let me use his stuff to do my little acreage. I would have been better working at the gas station and paying someone I didnt know full custom rate.

I have sure enjoyed the established big slob operators coming around 3-4 times a year slitting my throat on rent on my few farms. Its just to unbearable for them to watch a little POS operator like me run any ground. Then I had one landlord I paid just under 25k for his wet pisshole 80 last year that remained unplantable until July. I tried to get the rent down for 15 and he wouldnt budge. So I left it go and he rented it to someone cheaper and left me with a kick in the nuts. I had worked my ass off to clean up all the rocks and overgrown tree lines. None of that mattered.

We see the theme here?? Hard work and a lot of desire have nothing to do with it. If it did I would be much further ahead than I am.

If you dont have the cash or win the sperm lottery and end up with dad and grand daddys money it nearly impossible to start from nothing here. MONEY is all that matters, and its nearly impossible for little guys to compete. We dont get the big deals on seed, fertilizer, chemicals. When we call the coop we get put at the bottom of the list which makes it even harder to compete.

Slowly but surely I am gonna claw my way up the ladder though.
so you say it's impossible but yet you did it. I'm not following that part. It's not easy and never will be and shouldn't be.

I didnt say its impossible, I said its NEARLY impossible, and I didnt just say it once, I said it twice. Pretty sure I never said anything about wanting it to be easier too.
hey there big man. I was just asking. Loose the attitude.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)