AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

API makes new Ad campaign against RFS..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Fletch
Posted 10/31/2015 13:04 (#4868705 - in reply to #4867195)
Subject: Yes

Hi Redoak,

Well if my money is going to leave my own country to others, I'd much rather it go to the very nice Canadians for sure over Arab sheiks and transnational corporations which take most of the money from oil.

The path to clean burning ethanol fuel will need gasoline for some time. Fracking wells don't last that long, it and tar sands use and damage too many resources plus are very expensive so the path is baked into the cake right now.

I wish you to reread my post, I make the case that the mandates are not needed and were not needed and did not have any effect on ethanol usage and production.

The trend would have happened with or without the mandates as the numbers in that post clearly show with the well established trendline.

Corn ethanol did not make cattle feed go up. If it did then corn should be at record prices now since ethanol production is at record levels.

Instead corn prices are actually below 2007 levels. How can this be if ethanol production makes feed expensive. ANSWER = it can not be.

The byproduct of ethanol production is feed.

>$100/barrel oil is what made feed go up. Drought scare also had an effect, but corn remained in surplus even then and that increase would have happened with or without ethanol.

Fletch.

Edited by Fletch 10/31/2015 13:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)