AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equal pricing vs Equitable Pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 10/31/2015 10:21 (#4868400 - in reply to #4868323)
Subject: RE: Equal pricing vs Equitable Pricing

Amherst WI
frytownfarmer - 10/31/2015 08:38

To add to this, dad said one time that back in the 80s the difference between the guys who made it and who lost their farms was often as little as 5% in efficiency...

If your going to do the same thing as everyone else and expect to make any money... You need to be doing everything from pricing to selling to growing and operating... 5% better than everyone else... Of course that last sentence is just a motivator saying... But that little bit of extra detail makes a big difference in the end

While you are right, the same people who seem to want to make copper wire out of pennies are the first ones to throw their local suppliers under the bus and complain about them. They get mad and vent on here when the local guy won't drop off a jug of Roundup to go finish when they bought everything else from a supplier online three states away.

I've priced my chems out. My local guy is usually $500-$1000 more than the out of the area guys for the entire chem order for the year. I stick with the local guy since they will drop just about anything off within 24 hours if I need it bad enough, sometimes within the same day. Or I can drive the 30 minutes to go get it. You can't do that with .com.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)