AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what the crop insurance vote really tells agriculture.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/29/2015 10:37 (#4864719 - in reply to #4863441)
Subject: RE: a good post

Pittsburg, Kansas

Vailcat said - "If you think young guys wouldn't have a chance with less crop insurance I'd take the opposite stance to that and say there would be far greater opportunity for all as only the biggest brass balled would go after land the way all can essentially now with limited risk due to crop insurance."

I would agree. In my own personal situation, there is no way I could have expanded at the rate our farm did without the backstop of crop insurance. I suspect there are many like me.

Nearly everything the government does ends up making it harder for the little guy to compete.

I think a lot of these discussions may become moot if we don't find a way for the country to stop deficit spending. Not certain how the end will come, but there is never a happy ending to spending more than ones income. No matter it be an individual, a family or a country. In the case of an individual or family, they go broke and bankrupt. In the case of a country, they either go broke and bankrupt or they destroy their currency by debasing it. It all leads to the same end, with only different set winners and losers along the way. Almost everyone (at least a great majority of the population) loses in the end.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)