AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what the crop insurance vote really tells agriculture.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BShauler
Posted 10/29/2015 08:12 (#4864434 - in reply to #4864215)
Subject: RE: vailcat post hit my nerve of disclosure............

North Central Iowa
That is not true Joco. I used to farm and run stock cows. When my mother and 2 of my landlords died within a year and a half. All the heirs wanted to sell the land. Its their inheritance so be it. I sold my share along with them. I have a very good job in town and a new house and a beautiful farmstead now and am glad I am out of farming. Here is what crop insurance has done to our farming community. All the younger guys that are trying to just make a living are having their ground rented away from them by the guys that are defrauding the system. These guys are driving 30 and 40 miles to farm a 160 ac and giving $400 an acre rent for it. You and I both know that does not make financial sense. But here is how they make it work. They take bushels from that farm and say it came from the ground that they own in another county. Claim crop loss on this rented ground and get check on it. Then they get proven yield bumped way up on ground that they own. All this has done is pushed the honest guy off of ground because he can't compete with what they are doing. Even when they get audited everything looks legit. All this is possible because they have not had to pay the full value of crop insurance. If they had to pay full value or there was not crop insurance they would not be running that far to rent a piece of ground for so little return with the amount of risk they would have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)