AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what the crop insurance vote really tells agriculture.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 10/28/2015 20:17 (#4863547 - in reply to #4863494)
Subject: RE: a good post

NCND
Ill also add that all the talk of fraud in crop insurance I don't know if its true country wide or not but Ill give my experience.

I underwent a major rectal exam by RMA over PP claims in 2011. We had a good string of bad luck in 2010 and 2011 where it simply did not stop raining and JUne 10 came around and we pulled the pin. The business perspective showed there was much less risk going PP versus continuing to plant when all research shows as you plant in June in ND you lose a ton of yield. A ton on average.

Anyways what they were looking at was the yields from our 2009 crop that were the biggest by a long shot we had ever had. Thought we were fudging numbers or something when comparing to other farms in county. So a man from RMA came out along with an FBI agent and we went thru every grain ticket and assembly sheet line by line from the past 3 years. In the end all was good and I had actually under reported my yields by 2% in the 2009 crop year so their visit costs them extra money:).

Im not a mega farmer. They are watching all sizes I would say and if they are bringing FBi with them I'd say they are serious also.

Edited by vailcat 10/28/2015 20:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)