AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching Gears
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/28/2015 17:14 (#4863119 - in reply to #4862999)
Subject: RE: Here's an idea

Buxton ND
Well Mr. Southern,,, Tas did not get the boot in AW,,, go check, I made a post just for you buddy :o) Its just gotten very quiet over there.
DID NOT get my hand slapped here and no clue if the thread got removed or not ! ! !
I have hand full of guys I help from time to time at no cost as I have no market service or internet site, kinda fun learning about farming in other areas and really we spent as much time BS'ing as we do on markets ! ! ! Last winter stayed with a younger guy in north central Iowa and got the tour of that 15k dirt, he did buy beer !!!!!!!!!!!

Yogi, I started hedging pigs/corn/meal in the mid 80's I like to play the markets now and then for some fun on the side and feel I have enough experience to do so. 1 or 2 contracts for fun is not a big deal and I do not need a bankers approval. I'm risking 300ish with a target of $1200ish on that piggy contract.

As far as this,
With that "YOUR A HEDGER ONLY" at least for the first 5-10 years, maybe 20
IF you going to SPECULATE or "PLAY" the markets,,,,,,,,,,, just sell the farm and be done with it right now.
***********************************************************************************************
SURE WISH I HAD HAD SOMEONE BEATING THIS IN MY HEAD when I was 24 years old and lost 17.5k in 4 days long MEW wheat. PLUS the loss I took on the wheat in the growing field being a retarded youngster.............

Actually when "The kid" takes over the farm I think it would fun working one of those "Big Boy Traders" I'd be grinning from ear to ear being able to trade 500-1000 contract in a crack. And learning the real real inter-workings of the markets and even programming one of those HFT box's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)