AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 billion in cuts to crop insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Norstman
Posted 10/27/2015 21:54 (#4861573 - in reply to #4861422)
Subject: RE: by the way YES I HAVE

Tara Farms - 10/27/2015 21:05

and guess what had it not been for preventive plant I would have survived but those that could get preventive plant decided the next year to go rent more ground because guess what they knew that if all else failed they could break even and even make a bit on PP corn.

I have watched acre after acre go PP to corn instead of planting beans in late JUNE because well it just pays better to take the PP and also NO hit against APH if I have heard that once I have heard it a million times. and by the way I have heard it on this site by guys that are complaining about the chances of this program going away.

I don't find anything funny about people that are truly trying to and can not succeed at getting a crop in but if not for the Preventive plant option the rents to farm would reflect the real possibility and account for the monetary cost of not being able to get that crop in.

You can spin it any way you want and wish whatever you feel comfortable towards me but reality is that when you take away risk you take away reward.

Not to long ago ( 5 or so years ago) I had a BTO sit at the end of a field and tell me how dumb I was for using a 500 hp track tractor pulling a 300hp track tractor pulling a 16 row planter up and down the field without being able to lift the planter on the headlands.

He stated -- why on gods green earth would you work that hard and not just PP and be done with it.

I simply stated that HE and I had two different views on what farming was all about.

Not sure but maybe you and I do also.

good luck and hope that the road you travel gets better and the things you desire grant you happiness.

I am very comfortable with my beliefs in this area and if the good lord decides I need what you hope I get then my reaction to that will be the same as it has been for the last 60 years.

You used a combined 800hp of track tractor to pull a 16 row planter? I would agree with the BTO on one thing and it wasent the PP.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)