AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cushing Oklahoma, oil and earthquakes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sekansasan
Posted 10/25/2015 22:22 (#4858049 - in reply to #4857384)
Subject: RE: Cushing Oklahoma, oil and earthquakes

Kansas
I got a lot of doubts on the anti fracking crowd. In this area we have been fracking wells for over 70 yrs. There are oil wells that were fracked from the 40s all the way to the 90s. Then natural gas wells in the 2000s. There is thousands of thousands of wells around here and towards Oklahoma. Why is this happening now. I bet most of the wells have not been drilled in the last 20 years. So why all the sudden the wells causing so many earthquakes? You all state correlation but just because there is colleration doesn't mean absoultly it is caused by that. There is a strong corelation that they started when Obama was in office. Maybe he was the cause (Obviously not).

Also lets go back and look into the history of earthquakes in these areas. In the past they could only measure the large earthquakes that you could of felt. It was a common occerance for a decent size quake in Oklahoma every couple years in the 40s 50s 60s. They couldn't measure the other ones that you can't feel. What caused these quakes and what made them go dormant? Was it just the sesmic activity decreased in a cycle. Just like the weather, just like volcanos and other things. I remember couple years ago global warming was causing a record number of hurricanes then all of the sudden we had very few. Just like everything nature cycles.

Also is it the wastewater from the wells being injected back in the earth or fracking causing the earthquakes. You frack a well to complete it. You don't frack it again when you inject the wastewater in the different zone. So injected the wastewater back in is not fracking but I see it called fracking so do the anti fracking crowd actually know what they are talking about?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)