AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Progress: Wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 10/25/2015 11:16 (#4856912 - in reply to #4856342)
Subject: RE: Crop Progress: Wheat

I don't have a real good answer for you on what numbers to watch for and at least for Kansas but I think we have a few more weeks left to really get stuff ironed out going into dormancy regardless of what the numbers come out like tomorrow. Western Kansas looks for the most part good to excellent on emergence and stand establishment. I haven't gone east since drilling started but sounds like somewhere in the western/central part of the state going East, stands and emergence are far from ideal. If it were a normal year I would think that could really be a concern but with the warmth we are having a late shower could still really get some sprouting and good emergence to occur but running out of time in a hurry. We are going to start drilling again tomorrow because of the showers and the warm temperatures we are experiencing. Ground temps are running about 5-8 degrees warmer than last year in what was what I thought a great year for late planting establishment. This year could be even better assuming one has decent moisture to get it sprouted. Some of the earlier drilled stuff is almost too big for my liking out here, if the rains are late to the party next spring it might be too late for the bigger stuff, but in our part of the world you just have to get it up when you can.

I still think we are a small cog in a very large world production machine so it's hard for me to get super bullish even if parts of Kansas are struggling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)