AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Subway's directive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 10/25/2015 09:13 (#4856736 - in reply to #4856703)
Subject: RE: Subway's directive

Amherst WI

When I travel I usually try to go find some farms/ag to see how it is done in that area.

It is becomming more and more apparent that people just don't like agriculture, I mean all of it. They don't like the advances in technolagy like GMO's, Pesticides, modern livestock housing, or just the dust/noise/smell that goes along with it even if it is organic. I'm beginning to think that over 50% really do think their food comes from the grocery store.

The people we sell to aren't doing us any favors. Subway is just the latest example.

A few weeks ago my wife bought some Jolly Time Popcorn. It have a "non-GMO" seal on it. I emailed the compnay and complained saying they were lieing to the consumer since there is no such thing as GMO popcorn. Here is their response...

Matt, thanks for sending us this message and we totally understand where you are coming from. We receive multiple phone calls, emails, Facebook posts, etc from consumers wanting to know if our popcorn is non GMO. Unfortunately, most consumers don't even know the difference between popcorn and dent corn, and since they've heard on media reports that corn is GMO, they often just assume, that popcorn is GMO as well. Thus the reason we include it on our packaging. I hope you understand our position as well.

So their solution was to take the easy way out and not explain the difference to the customer and making it even harder for us to get our voices heard.  That seal is as worthless as one on a bottle of water saying it is non flamable.   I try to be pretty positive about the future of agriculture but I don't know how we are ever going to get ahead of this thing...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)