AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much Corn & beans are commited to deferred price contracts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/24/2015 09:37 (#4855386 - in reply to #4855189)
Subject: RE: How much Corn & beans are commited to deferred price contracts?

Buxton ND
1234 this is my comments on DP from below. I've asked that same question a few times over the years and never an answer, my guess would be its way more then 5%. Comment above about hitting your finger with a hammer, my comment is you can just as well shoot your self in the foot.

IMVSO use "target orders" above the market INSTEAD of being forced into a DP contract when "the crop really IS THERE" Whether your corn crop averaged 250 or 50 bpa this year has proven to be another year in a bear market where "target orders" are like gold, more so if you need the cash by Halloween/Turkey Day or Christmas.

You may be surprised how much grain will move even though your bins doors are welding shut.
This to include DELAYED PRICING CONTRACTED BUSHELS**********************************************
Even though you have not sold those DP bushels, the commercial can move it WHEN EVER THEY WANT, YOU GAVE THEM THE TITLE TO YOUR GRAIN WHEN YOU SIGNED THAT DAM CONTRACT.

Lets take this one step farther, if you have a crop lien,,, that's the BANKERS grain*****
YOU gave the BANKERS grain to the COMMERCIALS.
Bankers would not think to highly of you if you did this with your pickup/tractor/combine now would they ? ? ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)