AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 10/20/2015 08:06 (#4848711 - in reply to #4848571)
Subject: RE: new poll

Do you realize there probably wouldn't be crop insurance if not for the government creating RMA? How many companies sell crop insurance outside of RMA? 0! If the government got out, most likely so would most of the customers, and the companies would pull out, too, because only the high risk farms would want to keep it at the exorbitant rates that would be needed to turn a profit. So, when you say you would just buy it on your own that would most likely not be a reality.

I dislike aspects of the program as much as all of you, but I think a lot of people are a little too confident of what this country would look like without a farm bill.

This country has the best ag industry in the world, people come here from all over the world to see how we do things here. As much as I hate to admit it, the government has made a lot of that possible. How much new machinery / new technology would be adopted without the safety net of insurance? The farmer could not afford to do a lot of it because he'd need much more capital to protect himself for the bad years with no insurance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)