AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milo harvest and sales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 10/19/2015 21:14 (#4848111 - in reply to #4847392)
Subject: RE: Basis improvment expected..

Yeah I am not overly optimistic that we see a large rally in Sorghum basis. Sure we could see a little bit of rally later this year or early '16 but I don't think we see anything even remotely close to last year. Everyone I have talked to with connections in the export business says the chances of the US exporting the gross amount of exports to China like last year is extremely extremely low (practically impossible) and that was really the only reason we saw such a rally. Right now our middle men don't even want to touch the stuff so we have been going straight to the end user and have stored the rest to again go straight to the end user. Would have hauled it all in but was a 30-60 mile haul and can't keep up with two machines so in the bag the rest went. Been hauling corn down to Seaboard International in Leoti the last few days (just a few loads a day if we have a truck driver available). They said the lines are about 6 trucks long everytime and not a single one is dumping corn. All milo. Piles are going up everywhere and the E plant that is very well ran and has been extremely profitable is taking in 3 times what they grind each week. They are plum full and have ample supplies to get through quite a few months of grind. Without the Chinese bidding up the market they feel like they have won the lottery this year with everyone growing milo to hit the big prices they thought would carry over from last year. Some tremendous milo yields in our area. Ours was good but glad we didn't have anymore when it trades at a .60 discount to corn. Better off growing corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)